Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day6,7- Beans, Fake Meat and Dirt

These last two days were great. I got some work done and went on a scavenger hunt for vegan products at the grocery store. Now i know vegetables are vegan enough...however, i really wanted to look in to how vegans replace certain products that I have taken for granted. For beginners, I HATE MIRACLE WHIP. Its gross and taste like someone whipped some eggwhites and added aspertame to them. I am a mayo guy for sure. Aioli is way better but "aint nobody got time fo that". So I looked for a Vegan option to mayo. Nayonaise sounded better Vegginaise so i took that one. I also bought some breakfast "sausage" and some Vegan ramen cups...

So this morning I was craving something really heavy..since i dont have access to an elephant, and i cant eat meat, I settled for pancakes.....turns out, pancake batter...not vegan friendly. Crap. To the interwebs I went to get an idea. So there I am, craving pancakes. I check the pantry. Flour, vegetable oil, unrefined sugar, cinammon and almond milk. HOLY CRAP! I am seriously never going back to pancake mix.....GUACALA, these pancakes were the bomb.com, so rich and delicious, and they didn't even have dairy in them. Im sure they weren't healthy, but screw it, I did p90x the day before like a champ. The vegan sausage was...interesting. Not bad, but not sausage. For lunch that was something else. Boca Chikin patty on whole wheat bread with the Nayonaise. Not bad....it isnt mayo but its also not Miracle whip. It satisfied my appetite.

 I wanted to work out today but frankly i get tired of monotonous exercise videos and running is hard on a 340 pound guy (yes ive lost 10 pounds) So i decided to take out the ol mongoose. Called Jeff up and went mountain biking, using the term loosely since there arent any mountains in a 300 mile radius. It was great. Just getting in to the woods and breathing in the polluted Dallas air...was life changing. Beats sitting at home watching Harlem Shake videos. "CON LOS TERRORISTAS".

Hungry and tired from our almost 2 hour fail in the woods i get home to the smell of one of my favorite Mexican comfort foods...Carne con Chile...delicious but hands off. Pork is tasty but its probably the reason why my uric acid is through the roof, so run off Wilber, I will no longer eat you my friend. On the other hand, the big ol' Olla de Frijoles my mom made was calling my name. Little hot sauce and 2 bowls later I am sitting here with my butt cheeks in pain from the bike ride writing this blog.
So far so good. I am looking forward to what is ahead.

 Comment/Haterade below! Keep it 100!

P.S.- I want to thank my buddy Elmer for retweeting the hell out of my posts. Good looking out bro. Follow him on Twitter @eRey27

1 comment:

  1. You should try the bike trails in cedar hill going all the way down belt line, they are badass

    ReplyDelete